Within the limits of available resources, House of Mercy Children’s Home, Lagos, Nigeria (HOM) engages and participates in emergency humanitarian assistance. We mainly contribute to projects for food, shelter, healthcare and education for children and women in emergency situations.
Examples of our emergency assistance work include the following:
- Northeast region of Nigeria
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Central African Republic
- Ebola affected nations (Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea)
- The Sahel
- Horn of Africa
Our vision is of a prosperous and peaceful African continent where every child lives in safety and dignity and is enabled to reach his or her full potential.
- Africa: From Neo-colonialism to True Independence
- Afrique : du néocolonialisme vers une véritable indépendance
“Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.” ~ H.I.M Haile Selassie 1